Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage
Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage Treatment is based on the holistic principles of Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine.
Thai herbalism is an ancient tradition that was preserved for over thousand years in monasteries and temples and is still practiced to this day.
Medicinal herbs are blended, wrapped and tied in fragrant bundles, which are steamed hot, slowly releasing their revitalising and healing essential oils when pressed against the body during the massage.
Moist heat radiates down through the tissues, melting away tension and soreness. Steam opens the pores and the skin breathes. The skin absorbs the rejuvenating and enriching herbal oil blend. Soothing, uplifting aromas open the senses and relax the mind.
Benefits of Thai Herbal Compress Massage, a combination of the heat, herbs and massage has the following effects:
• Reduces tension through heat and aromatic properties of the herbs
• Deep relaxation of muscle and nerve fibres (helps relieve chronic pain arising from overuse injuries)
• Softens and nourishes the skin (many herbs are nourishing, exfoliating and restorative)
• Eases respiration through the use of aromatic herbal vapours
• Improves the circulation as the massage and heat dilates the blood vessels enabling them to work more efficiently
• Aids the elimination of toxins and waste products through increased lymphatic circulation and detoxification provided by heat, herbs and massage
• Restores the body’s vital energy flow (through the stimulation of the Sen Lines)
Beneficial for the following conditions:
*Stress *Insomnia *PMT *Asthma *Arthritis * Headaches *Muscle Pain *Menopause *Fibromyalgia *Rheumatism *Poor Circulation
Herbs used in Massage:
Camphor – is stimulating the brain, heart and circulation but relieves mental and emotional stress, anxiety and insomnia. When inhaled it is good for sinuses and respiration. Used in compresses it soothes sore muscles and arthritis, and treats nervous system disorders such as multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia.
Eucalyptus – the aroma has an emotionally refreshing effect. While inhaling the steamed vapours or applying to the chest and throat are all effective treatments for colds, cough, congestion, asthma and other respiratory conditions. It is also antiseptic killing germs and speeding the healing of wounds and infections.
Ginger – powerful stimulant with heating effects on the body. Its oil boosts circulation, eases muscle stiffness and increases the potency of all herbs combined with it. Lemongrass – soothing yet invigorating, clearing the head and uplifting the mind.
Turmeric – one of the key ingredients in healing, used internally for circulatory and digestive problems. It is also natural moisturizer and antiseptic popular for skin treatments.