Hot Stone Reflexology
Hot stone reflexology is the technique of applying pressure to reflex areas on the feet or hands with heated stones to bring about a state of deep relaxation and stimulate the body’s own healing processes. It is a natural therapy the boost immune system and calmer mind.
Use of Hot Stones in Reflexology
The Ancient Healing art of stone therapy using warm stones relaxes the body at its deepest level and is effective in creating harmony and balance. The subtle energy of stones introduced into a treatment calm the senses, relax muscle tension and promote a meditative state.
The heat helps to relax the muscles in the feet allowing the therapist to work deeper into the reflex areas.
Stones are firstly used to massage the lower legs (below the knees) relieving any tension in the calf muscles and helping to enhance energy flow. Smaller stones are then used to work the reflex areas and points of the feet. The heat from the stones quickly opens the reflex pathways bringing about a much deeper level of relaxation than reflexology alone.
The effects and potential benefits of hot stones include:
• Heat penetrates to a much deeper level than finger pressure, reaching around 7cm into tissues. This brings about physiological changes as well as improving energy flow
• Improves blood circulation & lymphatic drainage
• Promotes the release & elimination of toxins
• Boosts immunity and the lymphatic function
• Relieves tension in connective tissues
• Reduces muscular tension which will help muscles to relax and repair more efficiently
• It is warming, deeply relaxing & soothing helping to melt away any tension or anxiety
• Helps to bring about a balance of body as well as mind